Thursday, September 18, 2014

Time to unveil the shiny new FORUM for Dollmytee.COM!

Dear Community,

Last week I put up a post asking what you guys thought should be done to the site.  I wasn't sure what I wanted to do myself and I strive to involve the community (all of you) as much as I possible can.  The suggestion that I make the site a forum was thrown out there and I actually thought it was a good idea, but I never want to just walk away from this place or even blow it up and turn it into a forum.

The other stipulation I had was that I didn't really want to have anything where I was paying a monthly fee because this entire place is really just a hobby for me and I feel very strongly that when I introduce a monthly fee to the mix it sort of stops being a hobby for me.  That was just my personal opinion.

Some of you amazing folks even offered to throw in some donations and while I appreciate your generosity very much I didn't want to go that route.  I have a thing about taking money from other people that just makes me feel uncomfortable.  So I wanted to do everything that I could to avoid that whole situation.

I am happy to reveal that I found a way to have a forum, keep this site in tact have it embedded as part of the site and also not have to spend a dime.  If you go to the navigation bar on the top of the site there is now a dedicated forum attached to Dollmytee.COM!  It is very new and still has that new forum smell, but I hope we can break it in and with the great community of people we have here we can have a thriving forum to go along with the site in time!

Thank you all so much for you input.  I really do appreciate it!  You asked for it and I am happy to find a way to make that happen.  It may not be flashy or sexy--I can admit that much, but at least we have a forum now!  If anyone would like a special sub-forum set up for anything please feel free to let me know and I can do that as well!

Thanks to everyone in the community for making this place so much fun to be around and hang out on!  Cheers to many more great discussions!

Your village idiot,

Dollmytee

0 comments:

Post a Comment