Sunday, August 17, 2014

There have been a few changes to the site if you've not noticed.

Hey everyone!  I hope you had yourselves a fantastic weekend.  It was raining for most of mine so I stayed inside and made a few changes to the site.  I hope you like them!

I wanted to shrink the size of my logo because it looked strange to me.  I also opted to move the ad-banner that I have as well.  My goal is to have my blog look as safe-for-work as possible. Having a big ass logo on the top made that a little hard.  So I shrunk it down and moved that banner to the top.  I cannot imagine it would cause any problems, but if it does feel free to let me know.

I've also embedded my Twitch.TV channel into the sidebar.  More than one person has asked me now what it is when I tweeted that I was streaming at night.  If that loading up causes problems please let me know.  I have pretty good internet so I have not noticed any issues.


The last thing I added to the site is a temporary place-holder until I decide what I want to do.  That text-block in the sidebar which reads:
"You may have noticed I do not have any ads on my site. This is because I do not do this to make money and it costs very little to run this blog. Please show your thanks by telling a friend or a even a coworker! You spreading the word is more a valuable than money to me. Thank you so much for your support everyone"
That was put up there last week because I had two very generous people asking me if I had a Paypal account set up to take donations. For the record; I do not.  I have no clue what I am going to do with that.  This site has my name on it, but there are more folks than just myself putting in work on it.  So, for now I just ask that people wanting show their support do so by telling someone about our community rather than donating money.  At least until we as a community come up with a fair and balanced way to handle it.

That is everything from this past weekend.  I hope you guys enjoy the new changes.  None of them are really sweeping changes, but I hope they make the site a little more enjoyable to be on.  I hope no one gets too worried about things as far as donations go.  I did not bring that up to boast that the site is getting offers for donations, but rather just to be up front and transparent with everyone about what is going on here.

I hope you guys all had a great weekend!  Lets get this new week started off right with some great discussions about great games! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment