Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Halo 5: Guardians is said to be using ray-tracing. Can you identify what that is?



Alrighty everyone.  It is claimed that Halo 5: Guardians has ray-tracing in the game.  I am honestly not able to identify what that is.  I am putting it into your hands to point out what it is.  My limited understanding of what it is, is light from one object reflecting onto another?  Am I gathering that right?--or am I completely wrong? 

If I am understanding this image which I very quickly did a Google search of it looks like it is just bouncing light off of an object in a scene.  I was under the impression that a lot of games had this already. Please teach me the ways of game-development and show me what ray-tracing actually is.

Help me Obi Wan Kenobi.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment