Monday, August 25, 2014

Achievemenet Unlocked: 200 posts on Dollmytee.COM

Hey everyone.  This isn't going to be one of the standard posts, but I wanted to write it anyway.  While most of you may not particularly care about this post, as you can see above, is a pretty cool milestone for me.  200 posts is a heck of a lot of writing!  Some of it was due in part to the great members of the community that have submitted things to me though so I cannot take 100% credit.

I started my site back in January of this year.  When I started it I wasn't exactly sure what the aim of my site was going to be.  I didn't set out to make a site for one specific thing or one specific reason.  I more or less just wanted a place to throw up the occasional thought and share my game-clips when I made them.  So for the first few months that is what I did.  You can go back to the first days of my blog and see that it was very much just a personal journal.


When I realized that I was crossing the threshold of 200 posts I took a few minutes to go back and look at what I have all put up to share.  Some of it I am a little ashamed of because it was so bad, not that any of it is particularly worthy of praise, and some of it was pretty neat.  It still kinda surprises me that I have written about as many things as I did.  In the last 3-4 months though this site has really started to generate a following.  At first I was a bit shocked that people were wanting to read the things that I wrote.  Then as I began to understand it a bit more I just realized that there are many other people out there just like myself and that is why this site has begun to take off.

This site, myself and the people who hang out on it catch a lot of crap from people for doing what we do.  To some we just come across as bitter folks with an axe to grind.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if that is how they feel about us then so be it.  The one thing I have always said and will always say is that I operate on facts.  Facts do not lie and facts are true regardless of what people believe or not.  For you smart folks out there; yes, I just re-purposed a quote by Neil Degrass Tyson. ;)  It was very fitting given the circumstances in which this blog exists.

There are many examples of times where I have gone on a hunt for facts and they've directly proven people wrong.  There are many examples as an extension of that where people have come here to retaliate or make an attempt to diminish what this community and myself are trying to do.  Calling us a group of angry people just trying to destroy a good thing.  I refuse to accept that logic and I always have.  If a good thing is built up on a foundation of inaccurate information or downright lies then it really isn't a good thing at all--is it?

This site, and its now 200 posts, have been an example of what people can do when they pay attention to facts or, if need be, go looking for them.  Guys like Thuway, CBOAT and MisterXmedia get a lot of flak from this site, but that is only because choose to poke holes in what they say and in a number of cases we've found that the hole was too massive for the story to stay afloat.

One of the most notable articles from the 200 that exist was back when Cliff Bleszinski announced he was coming out of retirement.  There were immediately claims from people that knew all about his game in progress.  I took it upon myself to just ask Cliff Bleszinski directly and he completely shut all of those down.  That is just one example, but there are many others.

For a blog that once had very little direction it makes me happy to look at it now, 200 posts in, and see that there is a friendly community of people that has formed around it.  It makes me want to keep working at it and providing posts as often as I can.  Thank you to everyone who is a part of this community and also to all of you who have helped out in any way whether you gave me feedback or submitted content.  Thank you so much everyone.  You guys are awesome!

0 comments:

Post a Comment