Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Does Microsoft track your consoles temperature data? All the information I have. You decide for yourself.

Alright everyone.  This is going to be a dead issue as far as I am concerned after this.  I spent a little bit of time digging into the whole notion that Microsoft would be tracking temperature information from our consoles.  I reached out to numerous people and got various replies from folks a different levels of Microsoft.  I am going to simply lay them out and let you decide for yourself if the claims are likely true or not.  I've done the legwork as best I can.  I've never claimed to have an insider at any company.  I work purely on facts that are given to me by people who are verified to work in various parts of Microsoft.  That is what this is all based on.  There is no insider claims here other than the one I tried to investigate as best as I could.
Here is the initial claim from MisterXmedia:
"I got told something that left me a bit confused. In regards to xbox architecture tho .. but its impossible to know with 100% input from the crew.. there are internal testing going on right now... and those testers are you people.. there doing thermal and cooling acoustics and temperature test.. maybe a few temperature test on a set few games I here forza and I also hear the beta of destiny is playing a roll. Iv been told forza 5 doesn't even get the fans going enough to be audible. It all has to do with environmental feald tests for the architecture. There testing for head room and how high temps can get and there gating of with dark silicone tech. These test have something to do with November sdk. There will be new sdk in October also which will have people smiling but November/December is the time to be ready..... gameon !!!! :)"
Excuse the broken English as well as poor spelling.  What this is saying is that Microsoft are conducting both acoustic (sound) and temperature tests at the moment.  He is saying that we are the testers.  Meaning that our consoles are providing the data for Microsoft which says they would have to be actively tracking this sort of thing in an effort to get that data.  This would mean that the thermometers that are in the Xbox One for the purpose of controlling fan speeds and such are also able to send data through the console which Microsoft can view on their end for the purpose of determining things.  In this instance it is alleged to be for the purpose of unlocking more power in the future.  I won't get into the plausibility of that at this time.

Why does this matter?
If this is actually going on this would be operating outside of the stated Terms of Use that Microsoft publicly provide to us on their site.  Plainly put.  If Microsoft are tracking thermal information from our Xbox One's they have never told us about this and it could be a privacy issue.  Something that is also addressed in Microsoft's official Xbox Privacy Statement.  There is one part that leaves the door open for the possibility, but it is never mentioned specifically.  I will address that in a little bit though.

FIRST SOURCE: Josh Holmes - Executive Director of Halo 5: Guardians.
Looking back at this exchange with Josh Holmes I blame myself not not being more clear.  Josh Holmes is the Executive Director of Halo 5: Guardians.  He works at 343.  That is why I reached out to him.  I though a first party developer would be a good place to go.  Reading it now it could be interpreted as me asking if the Xbox One can track body temperature so I will leave that interpretation completely up to you.  It could be understood multiple ways really.
This was the first source that I used so it could be a little bit iffy to use him alone to base your opinion off of.  Especially since I myself am not totally sure looking at it now that he understood what I was asking.  As I said though I will leave this one up to you.

SECOND SOURCE: Ral - Xbox Customer Support Agent
General Info
Chat start time Jul 29, 2014 10:23:42 AM EST
Chat end time Jul 29, 2014 10:38:15 AM EST
Duration (actual chatting time) 00:14:32
Operator Ral


Chat Transcript
info: Please wait for an agent to respond.  You are currently '1' in the queue.
info: Privacy Statement
You are now chatting with 'Ral'.

Ral: Thank you for contacting Xbox Customer Support. My name is Ral, can I please have your Microsoft Account ID (email) and Gamertag?
Adam: dollmytee@gmail.com Doll8313
Ral: Thank you for that information, Adam. Please be advised that we cannot track the temperature of your console on our end. Rest assured that all the information on your console is secured to you.
Adam: Can I give you a link to where I read it? 
Ral: Yes, please.
Adam: http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/172346.html?page=7#comments
Ral: One moment please.
Adam: " there are internal testing going on right now... and those testers are you people.. there doing thermal and cooling acoustics and temperature test.. maybe a few temperature test on a set few games I here forza and I also hear the beta of destiny is playing a roll. Iv been told forza 5 doesn't even get the fans going enough to be audible. It all has to do with environmental feald tests for the architecture. There testing for head room and how high temps can get and there gating of with dark silicone tech. These test have something to do with November sdk. There will be new sdk in October also which will have people smiling but November/December is the time to be ready..... gameon !!!! :)"
Adam: That is the paragraph in question.
Adam: This guy seems to, or at least claims to, know what is going on with the Xbox One. I am just curious if any of his claims are true because if Microsoft were able to record the temperature of my system that would be a major privacy issue I would think.
Ral: Thank you for the link, Adam. Thank you for reporting this to us. I've already coordinated this to my supervisor and this is not an official statement from Microsoft. We can confidently way that we cannot track the temperature on your consoles for security purposes. Please disregard this article.
Ral: We will coordinate this to the higher departments as well to have this rectified. We admire you for reporting this to us.
Ral: Please only visit http://news.xbox.com and http://majornelson.com for official news and updates.
Adam: Just to clarify. What part of what you said is not an official statement? What you said about not beign able to track the temp? Or was you saying "We can confidently way that we cannot track the temperature on your consoles for security purposes. Please disregard this article." an official statement? I just want to be absolutely sure.
Adam: The official response from Microsoft is that The Xbox One's temperature sensors cannot track temperature data of users and send it back to Microsoft correct?
Ral: That we do not have the capability to see or check the temperatures of your console. We here at Microsoft values the privacy of the customers and players.
Ral: Yes, that's correct, Adam.
Adam: Awesome. Thank you so much for you help!
Adam: That is all I was curious about today.
Ral: You're very much welcome. It was a pleasure assisting you my fellow gamer. I hope I was able to address all your concerns. Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
Adam: Nope that was all I needed. You've been a big help! Thank you so much. Just wanted to get an official word on things.
Ral: I'm glad we we're able to resolve your issue. From the bottom of my heart, I would like to thank you. It seems that my day will be great because I'm talking to a very nice person during my shift.
Ral: If that was everything, I'd like to thank you again for contacting Xbox Customer Support. To properly end the chat session, please click on the "Close chat" button on the upper right hand corner of the chat window.  Have a wonderful rest of your day!
Adam: You too, thanks a lot!
Ral: Thank you for contacting Xbox Customer Support! To end your chat session please click "Close chat" above the chat window. If you have any additional questions after you disconnect, feel free to contact us again. Have a great day!

You can take from that what you want.  The guy does say at one point that they do not track the temperature of the Xbox One because it poses a security issue.  While I do think that response is 100% B.S. about it being a security issue he did say that they do not track the temperature of the console.  So take that for what you want.  This is now potentially two people whom have said that it does not happen.

THIRD SOURCE: Dave Voyles - Sr. Tech Evangelist & video game person at Microsoft.
This guy is a bit of a wildcard source.  He works on many many things for evangelist and has stated he has worked on many Xbox teams.  He even has his own website where he talks about all the latest tech, coding techniques and much more.  Suffice it to say the guy knows tech and specifically deals with Microsoft.  I took the opportunity to ask him the same question I asked Josh Holmes only choosing to word is more specifically this time.  Here is his reply:

Again, I will let you decide for yourself if this guy is a nobody in your eyes, but when you cannot get Major Nelson or Phil Spenders ear you go with that you can and these guys that I Tweeted to both deal with Microsoft and the Xbox One on a regular basis.  So it isn't like they are in the dark.  You can decide for yourself though.

FOURTH SOURCE: Roman D - Xbox Customer Support Agent
General Info
Chat start time Jul 29, 2014 1:08:43 PM EST
Chat end time Jul 29, 2014 2:26:21 PM EST
Duration (actual chatting time) 01:17:37
Operator Roman D.
Chat Transcript
You are now chatting with 'Roman D.'.
Roman D.: Hello, thank you for contacting Xbox Customer Support. My name is Roman D.. Please give me a moment to review your question.
Roman D.: Thanks for your patience.
Adam: No problem at all!
Roman D.: Hi, Am I chatting with Adam?
Adam: Yep, you are. 
Roman D.: Alright Adam can you please explain to me more your issue. thank you!
Adam: I have already been told that the Xbox One cannot and does not track users console temperature. I am just looking for some official word from a document or person who would be considered a credible source that Microsoft does not track console owners temperature data. There is a guy claiming this is happening and I spoke to a CS rep this morning. I was immediately told that you guys are not to be considered a valid source, so I am looking for an answer from someone higher up if I can or even some sort of public documentation saying it doesn't do it.
Adam: I am writing an article about it at the moment and I was to have a solid source. Right now I am getting the line "Those Xbox Support guys are $9/hr people reading from a script, what would they know!" line. 
Roman D.: Just to check, what do you mean Temperature data check? and just to let you know we do not check our customers files unless it was requested personally by the owner.
Adam: Temperature data as in how hot our console is running at any given time. Here is the quote in which I am trying to research. "I got told something that left me a bit confused. In regards to xbox architecture tho .. but its impossible to know with 100% input from the crew.. there are internal testing going on right now... and those testers are you people.. there doing thermal and cooling acoustics and temperature test.. maybe a few temperature test on a set few games I here forza and I also hear the beta of destiny is playing a roll. Iv been told forza 5 doesn't even get the fans going enough to be audible. It all has to do with environmental feald tests for the architecture."
Adam: He seems to think that Microsoft are tracking the temperature of users consoles for some reason. I just want to know if Microsoft are or have any way of actually obtaining data from a users console in regards to the consoles temperature.
Roman D.: I see, we cannot track temperature of the console but we can track your usage, approximate time you have played the game.
Adam: There are a lot of folks who believe this guy is an "insider" working at Microsoft so I am trying to get solid information on this.
Adam: Do you have any official documentation saying that by chance? Does anything like that exist?
Roman D.: Adam, we are open on all our customers, and you can check all our documents on our web site.
Roman D.: Terms of Use
Adam: Is that information in there though?
Adam: I just did a word search and it doesn't make any mention of temperature data. 
Roman D.: That means we do not do that kind of  track.
Adam: Just for the record I am not personally skeptical of you guys. I am just looking for a valid source that cannot be refuted.
Roman D.: I do understand what you mean Adam.
Roman D.: And I'm telling that we do not do that kind of Track.
Adam: Well some might try to interpret that differently if I use that as a source. Not having specifically "temperature data" listed in the TOS they may try to say that you do not specifically address is so you might be.
Adam: Catch my drift?
Roman D.: I do understand what yo mean.
Adam: So while I do appreciate what you linked me that wont do me any good if I try to use it as a source.
Adam: You know how ridiculous people are. If it isn't specifically addressed, then they choose to assume it must be true.
Roman D.: Adam, I do understand you and know how you feel on this one but the reason why I cannot provide you any source regarding " Temperature data" is because we do not do that kind of track.
Adam: Any possibility of a email or statement from a supervisor of yours by chance? Otherwise I suppose I can try for a hail Mary and tweet Major or Phil and hope for a response.
Adam: Not that I don't trust you personally. You've been extremely helpful, but as I said gamers are ridiculous people and they will just say you're not a valid source. No offense.
Roman D.: Adam, I do understand you I'm also a core gamer, and I need you to believe in me, on what I have told you.
Adam: I absolutely do believe you. No worries there. I am looking at a source for an article so that is a bit tougher. 
Roman D.: Adam, as to what I have mentioned a while back we don't have any tools for the temperature data for our customer's Xbox One console so we can only see the games, apps, and how long you're able to use the service. As to what you can see here these are the reason why we do so and for some reason why we share your personal information. Please see link below:
Roman D.: http://www.microsoft.com/privacystatement/en-us/xbox/default.aspx
Roman D.: I would not lie to you on the first place since I'm a gamer as well and I know how this industry works. 
Adam: Let's try a different route perhaps. The information that you have regarding this. Does it come directly from the TOS? People will question how you would know and why you are credible. Do you get your information from a script? Or like have you actually spoken to someone regarding my question? 
Adam: Dont take this as an insult against you. you've done a fine job so far, but Is it possible for me to speak to someone higher up the chain? at all?
Roman D.: All of the information that I provided is actually based on our Xbox Terms of Use which you can access right now using the link that I provided. 
Roman D.: It is possible, however just to give you heads up. My supervisor is actually monitoring the chat session and all information has been verified as well.
Roman D.: I am actually typing these manually and they are not scripted in the first place. 
Adam: That is fine by me. I am just trying to get an answer or statement from someone as high up as I possibly can get. Phil Spencer himself would be ideal. :P
Roman D.: Then if that's the case, we have a Twitter Page on how you can directly reach us or you can send us a feedback which you can send directly from Microsoft if you insist.
Roman D.: But then just for the record, all information that you're looking for has been provided and posted on our Xbox Terms of Use. 
Roman D.: You can go back to the link that I provided, Adam. 
Adam: I understand. I am going to use all of that as well. At this point I am just hoping to get a source that is higher than customer support because despite I myself having no personal objection to what you say I know if I use our conversation as a source it will not be taken seriously unfortunately.
Roman D.: It will be taken seriously, Adam. It's just a matter of where are you going to send it. And as to what I have mentioned, I can definitely send you the link on where you need to send it if in any case that you want the chat transcript to be further reviewed and for us to possibly give you more information about your query. We have quite a lot of tools on how we can go about this one. 
Roman D.: In the first place, we don't save those kind of data nor even track it since to be honest I'm a IT graduate and I know that these data (temperature data) is being used especially for electronic devices by other consumer/people on how they can possibly changed nor modify the device itself for example for desktop.  
Adam: I'm sorry I didn't follow that one. Why do they not track it?
Roman D.: The only information that we collect here  are the kinds of information in order to operate effectively and provide you the best products, services and experiences we can.We collect information when you register, sign in and use our sites and services. We also get information from other companies. Also, on top of that we collect this information in a variety of ways, including from web forms, use of Xbox features, technologies like cookies, web logging and software on your computer or other device. 
Adam: Yup, I just read that actually. .
Roman D.: And that's good to hear. If that's the case, then it is clearly stated what are the only data that we can save or track on our end. 
Roman D.: If it's not listed there, then we don't save it. 
Adam: I'm going to play the ridiculous pessimistic idiot for a second haha. Could someone not say that temperature data falls under the "operate effectively and provide you the best products..." part? 
Adam: I know this seems like we're going around and around in circles here, but the people who are likely to read this are GOING to take that route.
Roman D.: Based on the link that I provided that it is clearly stated that only information that we collect are the ones "you register, sign in and use our sites and services." And it was not stated that "temperature data" is included. I apologize if this is somehow consuming a lot of your time. But then it is very concise and simple on the information that we store on your account. 
Roman D.: If we really do save it, then I'll be very up front and honest with you. But we really don't. 
Adam: No apologies needed at all! This is helping a lot!
Adam: OK the last big question really is what about people in the preview program? Do they agree to any additional TOS that would include collecting something like temperature data from their console?
Roman D.: By default your console have its own or built in temperature check, that once your console have reached the limit of the temperature it will reboot your system or shutdown the whole device to prevent further damage on the your console.
Adam: Yup, I did actually know that. That is what made me question the claim that they are tracking data such as system temperature. It was strange to me that they would need to know that when they could test that in house.
Adam: No to mention the system is very stable and has almost no heat issues that I have read about other than faulty systems.
Adam: Can you address the question i had above? OK the last big question really is what about people in the preview program? Do they agree to any additional TOS that would include collecting something like temperature data from their console?
Roman D.: I do understand what you mean Adam, I know exactly what's running on your mind, I'm an I.T. / Gamer  and I have checked that information here as well, and I'm telling you we do not have a tool to get that kind of data, what we are only collecting are the one that is posted on the link that I have provided and that goes with the people in preview program as well.
Adam: Ok, that is perfect. I think that is all I will need. Not sure if you know who the guy is, but this MisterX is the one claiming this stuff. He is hard to deal with. I don't have the biggest site around, but I still try to get accurate information.
Roman D.: You are getting an information that you are sure that is indeed working inside the company, and a gamer like you.
Roman D.: So rest assure that I'm providing a valid and solid information.
Adam: The only reason I even chose to dig into this is because it is a privacy thing really. I would rather there be TRUE information on it out there and I think what you've provided should be fine.
Adam: If you cannot talk about it due to rules you can ignore it, but as a core gamer--do you know who this guy is that I mentioned?
Roman D.: What he have provided you is not true, as it was not stated on anything on the link that I have provided.
Adam: I believe you. No worries.
Roman D.: And I'm personally telling you as a co-gamer that we do not have any tools to check that kind of information.
Adam: That is a good enough answer for me. That is all I really needed today. I am pretty sure I have taken up a TON of your time today. Thank you for all your help!
Roman D.: No worries anything for you Adam.
Roman D.: Is there anything else I can help you resolve today?
Adam: No that should take care of everything. Thank you so much!
Roman D.: You're very much welcome!
Roman D.: If that was everything, I'd like to thank you again for contacting Xbox Customer Support. To properly end the chat session, please click on the "Close chat" button on the upper right hand corner of the chat window.  Have a wonderful rest of your day!
Adam: You too! Feel free to add me on XBL. GT DOLL8313 TTYL, Thanks Roman!
Roman D.: Thank you!
Roman D.: See you on XBL community!

Roman D really just reiterated what the first guy said, but he went far more in depth and seemed to have additional knowledge that the first guy didn't.  He was not shy to link the Terms of Use and Privacy policy to support what he was saying.  In that regard I have no reason not to accept what he was saying and what he was saying is the same thing everyone else seems to be.  The Xbox One does not track the temperature of a console in use and relay the information back to Microsoft.

FIFTH SOURCE - Judie - Xbox Customer Support Agent
I had to go back to customer support one more time because I found something that caught my eye in the Xbox Privacy Policy.  Part of the privacy policy does actually seem to leave the door open for the possibility of Microsoft doing this sort of thing if they so choose to.  This is where things turn around and it seems as though they could track the data.  That reads as follow:
Service statistics - We may collect information about your use of Xbox Services. This information can include such activities as: number of times you sign into and sign-off from the Services; games you have played on the Services; content you obtain on the Services; and game-score statistics. If you use an Xbox console that includes a storage device (hard drive or memory unit), and if you play offline or have never signed into the Services on the console, usage data will be stored on the storage device and sent to Microsoft the next time you sign into the Services.  We also may collect and automatically upload certain information about the Services’ performance and your device. Such data may include Xbox console hardware and operating performance data, manufacturing codes from game discs, network performance data, and Service quality data.
That part of the Privacy policy specifically does mention hardware though so I reached out to Xbox Customer Support in hopes of getting an answer.  That is where I spoke with Judie.  I will preface this by saying that the previous two conversations I had the Customer Services Members dismissed for not being in a position to know by the MisterXmedia crowd.  So while she does leave the door wide open you have to take this one with a grain of salt just like the other two. You cannot give this one more weight because it supports your message.  She is a customer service rep for Microsoft just like the other two.  The transcript is below:

DISCLAIMER - I hate that I had to do it because it goes against a lot of what I made this blog for, but there is information given in the article to direct sources in different departments at Microsoft.  If I want to be able to use them as a source I don't want to post their direct lines publicly.  If they get 500 phone calls for information I will never be able to get information from them again.  I have yet to call them, but If I do get information and they are OK with  me naming them I will.

General Info
Chat start time Jul 29, 2014 2:58:48 PM EST
Chat end time Jul 29, 2014 4:21:19 PM EST
Duration (actual chatting time) 01:22:31
Operator Judie
Chat Transcript
info: Please wait for an agent to respond.  You are currently '1' in the queue.
info: Privacy Statement
You are now chatting with 'Judie'.

Adam: Hello Judie!
Judie: Thank you for contacting Xbox Support. My name is Judie. How are you doing today?
Adam: I'm great. how about you?
Judie: Hi there, Adam! Glad to know that you are doing great. I'm doing superb today, thanks for asking. And thank you for the info about your concern.
Judie: You mentioned that you've been chatting with my colleague earlier, right?
Adam: Yeah. His name was Roman D I think.
Judie: Oh, alright. Can you please give me a minute to review your conversation with him?
Adam: Basically I was asking if the Xbox One can track temperature data he informed me that it doesn't which is all fine and well, but part of your privacy policy seems to make it sound like Microsoft DOES actually record that sort of thing.
Adam: "Service statistics - We may collect information about your use of Xbox Services. This information can include such activities as: number of times you sign into and sign-off from the Services; games you have played on the Services; content you obtain on the Services; and game-score statistics. If you use an Xbox console that includes a storage device (hard drive or memory unit), and if you play offline or have never signed into the Services on the console, usage data will be stored on the storage device and sent to Microsoft the next time you sign into the Services. We also may collect and automatically upload certain information about the Services’ performance and your device. Such data may include Xbox console hardware and operating performance data, manufacturing codes from game discs, network performance data, and Service quality data."
Judie: Thanks for those information, Adam. Well, we do not have any ways to track the temperature data. But let me double check this one for you, Adam.
Adam: Sure. I was just curious because the privacy policy specifically mentions hardware which would full under that category.
Judie: Oh, for that one, we do have the tracking for the Kinect, but not on the console. Since there's no way to track the temperature data.
Judie: With the Kinect, what I mean is the body tracking and all.
Adam: Part of it specifically says "Xbox console hardware and operating performance data" so just out of curiosity what part of the console hardware is able to be tracked in terms of performance data like it says.
Judie: Oh, that one is for the temperature check of the console. It checks the console itself, like the connection speed or if the console freezes.
Adam: It falls under the "Information we collect" tab though. So you are saying that Microsoft DOES actually collect the data in that case from a temperature check. Am I getting that right?
Judie: I do understanding what you are trying to say Adam. Base on the term that we used on the ToU, yes temperature check could fall under that category but as far as Microsoft is concern, that is not included on the data we collect.
Adam: Wait, I am confused. Didn't you just say before that "Oh, that one is for the temperature check of the console." ?
Judie: What I mean on that is for console's temperature that may affect console performance but the console cannot track the user's temperature data.
Adam: So like say you are playing a game and the temperature is running abnormally high to the point where it could freeze/crash your console. Microsoft can track that? I am thinking we are not on the same page here. Just so we are clear I am only talking about the temperature of the console at any given point and time. 
Adam: Say theoretically right now I am playing Forza 5. Does my console have a way to send data to Microsoft saying that while playing Forza 5 my console is running at "X" degrees? 
Judie: Thanks for that additional information. I thought you are checking if the console can record user's temperature data.
Adam: No no no haha. 
Adam: That is what I meant by the hardware. I am asking if Microsoft are or can actively track the temperature of an Xbox One while it is being played.
Judie: Base on that, referring to the xbox privacy statement link, the term that we have used which is "Xbox console hardware and operating performance data", it may include the temperature data as it can affect console performance.
Judie: You can use this link as well Adam.
Judie: http://xbox.uservoice.com/
Judie: Xbox Feedback is the most effective place for your ideas, suggestions, and feedback to be seen by the teams that create Xbox products and services.
Adam: I really don't have a suggestion or anything though. I just want to know IF Microsoft are tracking the console temperature of people while they are playing games. I'm looking for a definitive answer of either yes or no. 
Adam: I know that there are obviously temperature sensors in the Xbox One, but I want to know if Microsoft are using the readouts from those and collecting that data from Xbox One owner's consoles.
Judie: As much as I would like to pass you over the information you needed for the article you wanted to create about XBOX One, and we truly appreciate that, I am just basing on the information that was given on the link for XBOX privacy statement. 
Adam: So is there anyone you could refer me to that would have that answer for me? I really need to know for the article. 
Judie: I will try to check on  that.
Adam: Awesome. Thank you so much Judie.
Judie: You are most welcome.
Judie: Please give me few more minutes in here.
Adam: No problem at all. I can wait. 
Judie: Sorry for the long wait, Adam.
Adam: Really no problem at all.
Judie: REMOVED BECUASE IT IS A NUMBER FOR A DIRECT LINK TO A MICROSOFT EMPLOYEE.
Adam: Wait, did I miss a message. Who am I contacting? Sorry.
Judie: The first one is our REMOVED and the next one is REMOVED.
Adam: That first phone number is missing a digit... :P
Judie: REMOVED
Adam: No worries.
Adam: Ok, so I can call them. Am I askign for anyone specifically?
Judie: REMOVED.  WAS GIVEN A SPECIFIC PERSON
Adam: Ah. Ok. 
Judie: I hope you still do appreciate the assistance I provided today. Would there still be anything else I can further provide from here Adam?
Adam: I appreciate it greatly! Thank you so much for your help! 
Judie: You are most welcome Adam. We truly appreciate that you are really eager about XBOX One info and we are looking forward to your article. *smiles*
Judie: By the way, I will be providing another link to you.
Adam: Haha thank you so much! What is the next link?
Judie: I REMOVED THE LINK BECAUSE IT IS A DIRECT LINK TO AN EMPLOYEE AT MICROSOFT.
Judie: Since you are a writer, you can use that link for any contact details you needed to any department within Microsoft.
Judie: Seattle 
Judie: PHONE NUMBER REMOVED
Adam: Oh wow, thank you so much. Very kind of you! 
Judie: You are most welcome Adam.
Judie: Would there still be anything else I can further provide?
Adam: No you've gone way above what I needed! You're a rockstar Judie!
Judie: Thanks a lot!
Judie: If that was everything, I'd like to thank you again for contacting Xbox Customer Support. To properly end the chat session, please click on the "Close chat" button on the upper right hand corner of the chat window.  Have a wonderful rest of your day!
Judie: Take care! Stay cool. Cheers**
Judie: Bye for now. To properly end the chat session, please click on the "Close chat" button on the upper right hand corner of the chat window.
Adam: Cheer! Have a great day!
Judie: You as well. Bye for now. To properly end the chat session, please click on the "Close chat" button on the upper right hand corner of the chat window.
Judie: Are we still connected Adam? You can close our chat session already by clicking on the  "Close chat" button on the upper right hand corner of the chat window.

Judie did make it seem like it was possible when I was talking to her, but even she never gave me an answer and referred me to people higher up in Microsoft.  I called two of the people, but I never got an answer.  I imagine they are busy so I will hope to hear back from them at some point.  If not--I feel I have enough people stating it doesn't happen to put this issue to rest.  I am sure there will be someone who finds issue with what I have found here and I welcome you to voice your concerns in the comment section below.

Let me know what you think.  Do you think it is likely that Microsoft are tracking temperature data of Xbox One consoles?  Has any of the information I provided you swayed your opinion one way or the other?  Let me know.  Would love to have a civilized discussion about it!



Subscribe to RSS | Youtube 

0 comments:

Post a Comment