Sunday, May 11, 2014

Music Video Review - Eminem - Headlights ft. Nate Ruess


I never planned on setting this blog up to do one specific thing.  I may rant and rave from time to time.  I also might post some useful information pertaining to games.  I never really know what I am going to write, but I do know that writing is something I very much enjoy doing.  I keeps me from opening my mouth and saying something that I probably shouldn't to the people I love in my life.  So, what the hell am I talking about is what you are probably asking right now.  Fair enough.  I never really know until I get started either to be honest.

I was scrolling through Facebook today and checking up on all the people wishing their mothers a happy Mother's Day when this song came up by Eminem.  I understand that Eminem isn't exactly for everyone.  He isn't even my favorite musician, but I do find some of his music pretty intense and interesting.  If it wasn't for the title of the article that was linked on Facebook I likely would have never given this song a chance.  You see--I grew up listening to Eminem and as I got older I found that his music was a little too vulgar even for me.  The rampant hatred for his own mother was a little strange to me.  I thought it was humorous at first, but as time went on I found it to be pretty disturbing because no one should hate their mother like that.  At least not that much.

When I saw the article titled "Eminem's New Music Video Is An Apology to His Mother" I immediately clicked on it because as of late I know that Eminem has cleaned up from drugs and he has been doing music that is a little more from the heart in his chest and a little less from the heart on his sleeve.  Headlights is an incredible song that I had never heard before, but in watching this new video I found out it has been around for months.  It is just the video that is new.

If you've never seen it I highly suggest that you watch it.  It really is a heartfelt apology from Eminem to his mother for the way he has treated her in his life.  Eminem's mother did some very sick and twisted things in her life so it shows that Eminem is a very mature person to apologize at all; let alone make a video for it as well.  What makes this even more beautiful is that Eminem released the video today--Mother's Day.  Maybe Eminem isn't such a vulgar homophobe like I thought.  Good on him!

Be sure to take a look at the video.  I've linked it up above.  It really is a wonderful apology and I have a very different view on Eminem after hearing the things he said in it.  Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.

@DollMytee

0 comments:

Post a Comment